Join Susan Dewey on Saturday, March 11th and 12th!
She will be showing you a variety of strategies manipulating stitches and giving you time to practice and fine tune the skills. These strategies will allow you to make choices in how to follow patterns and make adjustments in your own knitting.
As a class you may want to choose a common project for you all to work on, to help support each other.
Skills to have before starting:
Knit, purl, cast on (you can get yourself started knitting), bind off (you can finish)
- 1 3.5oz (100gm) skein of worsted or DK weight yarn tonal or solid color
- Several small amounts 1oz (10-20gm) of other colors of yarn
- Circular needles to match the yarn you choose (generally US #6-#8)
Susan will bring some of the above materials but it’s always a good idea to have your own!
Skills presented during class:
- Styles of knitting - English, continental, combination
- Increases - casting on a stitch, lifted, yarn over, knit in the front & back, 1→3
- Decreases - left & right leaning, centered, 3→1
- Selvedge treatments - i-cord, seed, garter, other
- Structure of knitted stitches
- Fabric types - lace, cable, textured, color work, brioche